Mother's Day Features
Making New Year’s Resolutions You Can Keep
Every year when resolution time rolls around, I say, “I’m not making these again since I never get through one month without giving up on them.” But this year I’ve decided to take a new tack with them. Let me share my list with you.
* Never hold a grudge.
* Give away anything I haven’t used in the last six months.
* Speak with kindness.
* Shop only when I need something (instead of when I’m bored or have PMS).
* Do a good deed for someone without letting him or her know I was the one who did it.
* Tell my friends and family I love them every chance I get.
* Live the words of the saying, “Work like you don’t need the money, dance like no one’s watching, and love like you’ve never been hurt.”
* Hold a heart of gratitude.
* Laugh every day.
* Stop and smell the roses.
* Thank God for all the things He continues to do for me.
* Be flexible and willing to change.
* Love and be kind to those who are difficult.
* Say “Hi” to strangers (and get over my shyness around new people).
Do you have a resolution list? Note that mine doesn’t include “Lose 40 pounds” (although that is necessary), but only includes positive statements that, if followed through on, will change me from the inside out! Why not give it a try with me? It can make a difference!
So what do you say? Will you try it?
Wendyjean Ronk serves as the director and teacher for the Women of Hope ministry at her local church. She is a certified counselor through the American Association of Christian Counselors.
All articles used with permission from Beautiful One Magazine, LLC, 2007
Visit www.beautifulonemagazine.com and order your own copy and gift subscription to Beautiful One Magazine today!