Latest Articles for Singles
Twelve Things To Do Before You Meet Mr. Right
1. Enjoy all the food (with moderation, of course) that you have dreamt about now because once the boyfriend comes along, you automatically enter the "I'm not hungry. I'll just have some water." stage.
2. Join a gym. I also highly recommend actually attending the gym! And not only as a social event for exchanging recipes (low fat, of course). But try to work out 3-5 times a week.
3. Celebrate each size you go down by purchasing a piece of lingerie. Be advised: lingerie is to be worn under your garments, not as a piece of clothing to be seen by the public.
4. Set monthly dates with your girlfriends. Whether you spend 30 minutes over coffee or 2 hours over dinner, the point is that you are getting some much-needed girl time!
5. Get your friends together, and give each other makeovers. There is nothing like hearing your friends remind you of how beautiful you are (especially without the unnecessary hair). This leads me to #6…
6. Get waxed, shaved, or whatever other method you use (or should use) to remove all unnecessary hair from your body.
7. Commit to having a consistent devotional time with God. No matter how busy you are, make sure to set time apart, so when the boyfriend comes along, no matter how hectic things may get, you are already in the groove of things with God.
8. Burn all love letters (including journal entries) that you wrote but never sent to your past love interests. You do not want those letters getting in the wrong hands!
9. Travel, travel, travel! Too many women have not seen anything beyond the city in which they were born. Do not wait or assume that you will travel with your husband once you are married. Sadly, too many women have thought this and found their travel dreams ended with the honeymoon. It's quite possible their next vacation out of the city in which they have lived their life won't occur until after they retire.
10. Save money! Make no excuses. Even if you can only put a small amount aside, DO IT! Experts recommend putting ten percent of your income aside to give you a great start toward a good future.
11. Plan to accomplish one of the things on your "To Do Before I Die" list. (If you don't have a list, make one!)
12. Ask the Lord to lead you to an older woman who can speak Biblical wisdom into your life and pass on some of her own life knowledge.
Silvia Di Meglio is a successful entrepreneur and passionate worship leader. She has traveled throughout the United States, Canada, and overseas ministering at a number of churches, conferences and outreaches. She has a passion for mentoring and empowering young women to fulfill their unique callings.
All articles used with permission from Beautiful One Magazine, LLC, 2007.
Visit www.beautifulonemagazine.com and order your own copy and gift subscription to Beautiful One Magazine today!